Delegate terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of acceptance carefully.
1. Our delegate programme is reserved for key decision makers, directors/managers and/or influencers. In the interests of delivering a high-quality delegate programme, every application will be reviewed against the Forum Events executive delegate qualification criteria.
2. By accepting the offer to participate as a delegate attendee to our Forums or Summits, I agree to the terms set out in this document.
3. Forum Events delegate programme
3.1. Participation as a delegate includes:
- On 2-day events only – complimentary accommodation including breakfast, lunches, refreshments and admission to the networking evening dinner*
- All Events:
- Personalised itinerary of appointments with the comprehensive range of exhibitors consisting of key industry suppliers
- Workshop/seminar attendance
- Complimentary refreshments, buffet lunch and internet access
- Assistance before and during the event from our professional Forum Events team
*Please note: Participation at the evening networking dinner is compulsory at 2-day events.
3.2. As a condition of receiving complimentary services, delegates will be required to:
- Pre-schedule your choice of supplier appointments and seminars when requested via our bespoke online portal to manage your schedule during the event.
- Attend no fewer than 8 pre-scheduled appointments on 1-day events and no fewer than 12 appointments on 2-day events*
*In exceptional cases we can accommodate fewer appointments, but this must be arranged with your dedicated event manager no fewer than 7 days prior to the event.
- Failure to comply with the conditions stated above may result in exclusion from the event delegate programme. This shall be treated by the Organiser as a ‘no show’ and penalties will apply (refer to the cancellation policy below)
3.3. The Organiser cannot be held liable for any incidental charges incurred during your stay:
- Additional accommodation, meals, beverages and room service other than those provided by the programme
- Telephone calls; business services (photocopying, freight)
- Dry cleaning and laundry service; mini-bar and in-room movie charges; health club, hairdressing and spa
- Activities that are additional to the programme; travel expenses
3.4. Completion of the online registration form does not automatically guarantee you a complimentary delegate place at the event. You will be notified if your application is successful. Forum Events reserves the right to decline your registration. The Organiser’s decision is final.
3.5. All required sections of the application form must be fully completed.
3.6. All of our Forums and Summits are ‘closed events’. Participants who are not accepted as a delegate will not be allowed to attend as a visitor.
3.7. In order for our Forums and Summits to function in the best interest of both delegates and suppliers, you agree that the information you provide us with (such as name, position, company, country and company website) may be shared with suppliers in connection to delegates attending the event, and provided to suppliers who have been contacted by delegates to request a pre-scheduled appointment using the software provided by the Forum Events operations team.
4. Cancellation Policy and No Shows
4.1. Accepted delegate invitations to the events are only transferable in instances where the delegate is no longer able to attend; they may request that a colleague from their organisation attends as a replacement.
This is subject to the replacement completing the delegate application form and the events team confirming that the proposed replacement meets the qualification criteria. Once a replacement is confirmed by Forum Events, a cancellation fee will not apply to the original delegate.
If the replacement colleague does not qualify to attend, cancellation charges will apply to the original buyer.
4.2. Delegates may cancel their participation in the event without penalty up to 1 month prior to the event.
4.2.1. Cancellations received within 1 month of the event will incur a fee of £500 inclusive of VAT
4.3. Delegates who do not inform the Organiser of their cancellation and do not participate in the event will automatically be subject to the cancellation fee.
The following penalties will apply:
- A £500 fee inclusive of VAT
4.4. Should the delegate fail to meet the minimum commitment as outlined in this section, the cancellation fee will apply.
- You are unable to attend the event and do not advise us in writing at least 1 month prior to the event
- If you miss two or more pre-scheduled appointments per day of attendance at the event
4.5. The delegate is a representative of his company. The delegate company shall pay any applicable cancellation fees or no show fees. The delegate agrees that these penalties are a reasonable reimbursement estimate for the impact on the Organiser in the event of the delegate breaching these Terms and Conditions.
All cancellation and no-show charges will be invoiced to your company within 7 days post event. All cancellation charges and no show fees are inclusive of VAT. An invoice receipt detailing the charges will be sent to you.
- 4.6. All cancellations must be received in writing by your event delegate booking contact via email and must be acknowledged by the Event Team to be effective.
5.1. The Organiser is responsible for coordinating your participation as a delegate including accommodation where applicable, seminars and appointment setting. All attendance queries should be directed to the Organiser. Unless alternative arrangements are agreed, delegates are not to contact the hotels directly.
5.2. Delegates who wish to make their own accommodation arrangements must inform the Organiser directly and ensure that it is aligned to their chosen days of attendance and at times which allow them to complete their full obligation to appointments.
5.4. Any additional expenses incurred are at the delegate’s own expense.
5.5. Priority will be given to individuals who haven’t attended a Forum Events Summit or Forum as a delegate in the last three years. Ultimately, the Organiser reserves the right to confirm or decline a potential delegate.
6. Appointment setting
- 6.1. Delegates who are accepted by Forum Events commit to attend no fewer than 8 pre-scheduled appointments on 1-day events and 12 appointments on 2-day events*
One-to-one meetings have to be arranged via our bespoke online appointment system. Delegates who do not complete selections by the event date will be subject to the cancellation fee.
- 6.2. Delegates who are unable to honour an appointment should notify a member of the Forum Event Team at the earliest opportunity so that they can re-arrange the appointment. If delegates miss more than two pre-scheduled appointments, we reserve the right to charge £500 as per these Terms and Conditions.
6.3. Please note that attendance at appointments will be monitored and non-attendance shall constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Organiser will give on-site instructions on attendance verification.
7. Travel and Accommodation
7.1. Delegates are responsible for their own travel arrangements unless otherwise agreed by the Organisers
7.2. On 2-day events only, the Organiser will provide one (1) night accommodation plus breakfast. This is on a room and breakfast basis. Any additional room nights or hotel incidentals are at the delegate’s expense and must be settled upon checkout.
8. General notes
8.1. All matters and questions not covered by these terms and conditions are subject to the decision of the Organisers. Terms and Conditions may be amended or added by the Organisers at its discretion. Delegate attendees agree to abide by any and all amendments and changes by the Organisers.
8.2. Delegates agree that any photos taken of them during the event may be used for general sales and marketing purposes by the Organiser.
8.3. The organisers do not allow partners to attend and participate in the Forums or Summits
8.4. Successful applicants will only be accepted as a Delegate after they have carefully read this document and indicated that they fully understand its contents, and that it is a release of liability of the Organiser. Agreement to these terms and conditions by applicants is signified by applicants ticking the relevant ‘I agree’ box on the online application form
*In exceptional cases delegates can attend fewer appointments, but this must be arranged with your dedicated event manager no fewer than 7 days prior to the event